May 03, 2010

My friendly encounter with Japanese Carp Fish-koi

Fish swimming and playing in water is a sight to behold. Colour of water also keeps on changing as their movements are reflected on surface of the water,leaving colourful trail. Pond in my office has many Japanese Carp-Koi fish. In Japan Koi are considered to be lucky and symbol of love & friendship and kept in ponds and water gardens to bring luck.  They come in many varieties but common ones are Orange,Platinum & Gold. One I have photographed are, I believe, Orangi Ogon.
IMG_4206

Note trail of Red colour reflected on water due to koi's movement below the water! It was a mesmerising sight.

I gave them fish food ,which made my encounter a friendly one. They are  quite friendly creatures and can even eat from your hand.

IMG_4201

Note koi's mouth which is visible just above water's surface!

IMG_4197

IMG_4189

IMG_4188

IMG_4175

The one below looks as if she is asking for food!


IMG_4173

IMG_4163-1

IMG_4162

The way they "begged" for food was amusing to watch.

IMG_4160

IMG_4159

No comments: