March 16, 2017

Do I see in abstract?

Someone asked me very interesting question. Do you see in abstract or do you create an abstract? Question which made me think about my photography , which can be fairly abstract or sometimes rather strongly so.


Abstract look at the palm leaf






If you look at the palm leaf above , one thing becomes very clear that I do look at my subject in an abstract manner. For me it is not a palm leaf but some object with a strong shadow and lovely textures.That is the first thing I noticed about it. Moment I saw it this way, it stopped being a palm leaf. This confirms the first part of the question that I do look at things in an abstract manner.

While I was shooting this photograph, I realised that by taking a photo at certain angle, I can make it look like steps. And I shot it according to that vision. This confirms the second part of the question that I create an abstract.

I don't think any artist, and I consider myself a photo artist, restricts herself or himself to thinking in one particular way. It is a constantly evolving process which ends with the saving of the edited version of the photo in the hard disk and even beyond.







Post a Comment