June 06, 2018

What is street photography ?


After long long time I have come across definition of street photography, which resonates with my philosophy or definition of street photography. Street photography doesn't necessarily need to be taken on the actual street. Image captured inside the factory like one below is definitely a street photography for me.

Read this interesting article I recently came across on the net. Written by Andreja Velimirovic.

Check the link below.

Street Photography - Interesting definition by OPEN WALLS Editorial


Street Photography By Sonali Dalal




7 comments:

  1. Amazing and comprehensive article! Pictorialism is a notion I have learnt!
    Interesting to realize how Caillebotte and Monet were also Street "photographers" in their own way through their paintings! and I will really reading many times as it focuses on so many different aspects, be it history of SP or what SP can/ could be with its incredible possibilities that do not restrict any one's creative mind. SP is such an open genre!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) As soon as I read the article by Open Walls I realised it is a gem which must be shared.

      Delete
    2. It is! And it opens so many doors to many photographers who may thing SP is very restrictive as a genre! One must just be creative, open and... a little bit daring!

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete